||Mar 2, 2013
||Mar 2, 2013
Raleigh, NC 27601
||$30.00 thru 1/14 then $35
|Wear a Kilt - Set a Record!:
This year St. Paddy's Run Green is two events in one:
The 5th annual St. Paddy's Run Green 8K will be held at 3 pm followed by a great post-race party hosted by Tir na nOg Irish Pub.
- Moore Square Kilt Run: A short run around Moore Square at 2 pm. This run is open only to runners in kilts. We will attempt to break the Guinness World Record. The current record of 1,089 kilted runners is held by the Perth Kilt Run in the town of Perth in Ontario, Canada. (A 2012 kilt run in Perth Australia failed to beat this record.
Registration for the Kilt Run includes admission to the post-race party and your first beer (age
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR KILT RUNNERS: Guinness will only count kilts that have a buckle on the side. Costume kilts and other inexpensive kilts typically do not have buckles. If you purchased one of our costume kilts or have a kilt without a buckle, PLEASE wear a belt with the buckle on the side. This will meet the Guinness requirement for a buckle on the kilt.
Registration for the St. Paddy's Run Green 8K race includes free entry into the Moore Square Kilt Run for runners in kilts. All 8K registrations include admission to the post-race party and your first beer (age 21+).
UPDATE: The Guinness World Record requires that kilts be knee-length to count toward the record.
|Schedule of Events:
If you come to advanced check-in, you won't have to check-in or wait in line for a timing chip on race day. Advanced check-in will be held:
- Thursday 2/28 from 4-7 PM at Fleet Feet Sports in Ridgewood Shopping Center
- Friday 3/1 from 4-7 PM at Tir na nOg Irish Pub at 218 Blount Street in downtown Raleigh
Race day: schedule:
- 12:00-12:45: Check-in opens for the Moore Square Kilt Run. Participants must wear a kilt and will each receive a numbered wrist band when checking in on race day.
- 1:30-2:45: Check in for those running just just the 8K,
2 pm: 200 meter Kilt Run at Moore Square to attempt to break the Guinness World Record!
- 3 pm: Start of the St. Paddy's Run Green 8K race.
- Stay for the post-race party!
- $20 for the Moore Square Kilt Run only. Runners must wear a kilt and will help us attempt to break the Guinness World record.
- 8K Race (includes free admission to the Moore Square Kilt Run for runners in kilts):
- $30 through Jan 14
- $35 from Jan 15 through online registration close on February 28 at 10 am.
*Online registration fee applies. Paper registration available for an additional $5.
Limited 8K Race Day Registration available for $40.
8K runners who register by February 15th receive a gender-specific race technical shirt. when they check in at packet pickup
8K Runners who register from February 16-25 receive a cotton race t-shirt at packet pickup.
8K runners who register from February 26-March 1 can pick up a cotton race t-shirt at Fleet Feet Sports Raleigh between March 10 and March 30.
No race shirts with race day registration. No shirts for those registering for the Moore Square Kilt Run only.
A portion of event proceeds will go to the following 501(c)3 organizations:
- National MS Society
- nOg Run Club for their charitable efforts
|Chip Timing by Precision Race:
8K runner enjoy state-of-the-art Precision Race timing.
With Precision Race your disposable timing chip is permanently attached to your race bib.
Get Real-Time Results:
- You can receive a text message with your time as you cross the finish line.
- Get a printout of your personal results at our touch-screen Results Kiosks
- See live race results on your smartphone.
|Awards & Prizes:
||Fleet Feet Sports Raleigh will provide the following race awards:
Fleet Feet Sports Raleigh will give out these additional prizes:
- Top 3 Overall M&F
- Top 3 Masters M&F
- Top 3 M&F in these age groups:
- 14 & Under
- 1 of every 50 finishers will receive Drymax socks
- 1 of every 100 finishers will receive a Brooks apparel item ($40 value).
- Random finishers' drawing of 10 pairs of shoes
- Anyone wearing a Fleet Feet logo clothing item, Brooks clothing item, or Brooks shoes is entered in a drawing for a $50 gift certificate for Brooks merchandise.